Re: [FH] Getting Blue to Eat

  • Bill & Linda Fischbach
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2002
      Mittens loves chicken livers; I put them into my VitaMix and puree them.
      This prevents cats from grabbing a liver and taking off with the "prize",
      and then eating it on the bed (or worse, burying it under the sheets).
      But be careful using a blender, as it might not be strong enough.

      I've looked up the phosphorus of chicken livers in the USDA data base;
      although they are higher than the regular meat, the phosphorus by dry weight
      is only 1%, which isn't that bad.

      Linda