Re: Staci's mom: Can Amlodipine cause fluid retention?

  • tamitamco
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2013
      Adrianna,

      Amlodipine side effects:
      Yes, it does seem that many are using Amlodipine without any side effects. Interesting, as I found edema "fluid retention" listed as a side-effect for amlodipine in several sites. The puffiness in her hind legs had never been seenin her before the amlodipine. I am just glad we switched to benazepril.

      Home vet for blood pressure:
      Yes, great idea to have a vet come. It's just that the home vet is actually more expensive. For the home visit, it is $35 for the Bp test, and $85 for the visit. (home vet total: $120) At my vets office, the Bp test is $50, and the visit is $60. (my vet total $50 or $110.) I can do just the Bp test, but would probably have the vet check her since she has been in a critical period now.

      Thanks,
      Tami, Staci's mom