Staci's mom: update: day 10 no fluids, doing good

  • tamitamco
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2013
      Friends,

      Just checking in with Staci's update:

      Staci is eating, pooping, and purring wonderfully! She is slightly weak but getting all around the house more than usual.

      This is the 10th day without fluids. We may consider restarting soon if she gets rid of her fluid pouch. It has been moving areas and lessening. She also has had bloating due to fluids which is lessening but still there.

      I am still concerned with how to decide when to start fluids. I will probably restart the day that she does not have any fluid pouch. The vet recommends restarting with 50ml, down from 150ml per day.

      We just switched from amlodipine to benazepril yesterday. This is supposed to be a mild blood pressure med with benefits for the heart, kidneys, and mild fluid reduction. I am excited about this change as starting the amlodipine seemed to coincide with this recent downturn with inappetance and bloating.

      I am sticking with the vets advice not to use (lasik) medicine or needle to remove fluid.

      Any tips on restarting fluids?

      Thanks,
      Take care,
      Tami, Staci's mom