Getting Blue to Eat

  • zellenesa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2002
      I had this problem when my Katchina had cancer and it was extremely
      difficult to find foods she would eat. One thing she would eat was
      very small strips of raw beef liver...yes, raw. And leave some blood
      on the dish for Blue to lick up. Organic liver if possible. I think
      there was something about the slippery texture that made it easy for
      her to eat. This probably isn't the greatest for the CRF, so I
      wouldn't feed this constantly, but it's worth a shot to see if Blue
      will eat.

      If Blue won't eat you will probably have to force feed. Something
      like A/D via syringe. I haven't checked back on your posts to see if
      you've already tried this. There is also something called NutriCal in
      a tube that can be used. You squeeze it out onto your finger and
      smear it into the kitty's mouth. I think PETCO or Pet Supplies Plus
      carries this and some vets have it, too. Dr. Smith and Foster online
      have several products designed for force feeding or hand feeding.

      I'm sending energy to you and Blue...