Crf and heart issues, new to chronic renal disease

  • tamitamco
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 11:28 AM
      Suze,

      I am new to this heart group, but I can probably help you with crf, or chronic renal failure. My staci went to critical in February and I have learned a lot since then. Now she is dealing with overhydration and balancing when to restart fluids to keep her heart and kidneys happy. Any specific questions on crf?

      There is a Tanya's yahoo group for crf, and a couple really good websites. I think it's felinecrf.org

      I would recommend joining tanyas email group too. You can email a request on how to join to:

      feline-crf-info-owner@yahoogroups.com

      This is the email address to the group, but I think you have to join first.

      tanyas-crf-support@yahoogroups.com

      Take care,
      Tami, Staci's mom

      Hi everyone,
      I have been a member here for the past 4 yrs but not participating much due to my lymphoma cat who passed away last year. Wasabi is my 9 yr old bengal who was diagnosed in 2009 with HCM. He has been doing well until our echo on Tuesday. His heart has changed and they added Enanipril along with his Atenolol. He is on a nasal inhaler twice daily and pepcid at night. They also added 1/4 tab of baby aspirin every 3 days. The other thing that blindsided me is that they called me yesterday saying that his kidneys are losing protein, PLN. Not good. Has anyone else dealt with this disease along with the heart? Any and all advice would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      suze, Angel meiko, Wasabi, and the rest of the bengal gang