OT but urgent! Cat missing inside rafters or wall

  • Jim Sinclair
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2013
      This morning while I was getting ready to take Rhapsody to his neuro
      consult, my mom was feeding cats in the basement and Astrophe got into
      the laundry room (which we try to keep cats out of) and up into the
      rafters and duct work. For a while we heard him meowing up there (he's
      the only Siamese cat here so very distinctive meows), then as I was
      entering the laundry room to see if I could coax him down, I heard a
      loud crash. Since then we haven't heard a sound from him. I've climbed
      up and shined a flashlight up near where the meowing and crash seemed
      to be coming from, but can't see any sign of him. Thinking he might
      have fallen down in the little space between interior walls, I punched
      a bunch of holes in the wall paneling and still did not find him. My
      mom called the police, who came over and used a handheld heat/motion
      sensor and did not find him. We called a couple of humane pest removal
      places, thinking they would know how to find and access critters. One
      place can't get anyone here until tomorrow. The other said they'll
      send someone today but it might be a while. My cat is lost somewhere,
      not responding and didn't come or meow for breakfast, which is a very
      bad sign. He might be dead. He might be alive but injured, and in
      danger of becoming dead if not found and gotten to a vet in time.
      Anyone have any ideas for how to find a cat in this kind of situation?
      It's been about two hours now since we last heard him meowing.

      And for those who have been following Rhapsody's story: I had to
      reschedule his neuro consult for next Thursday.

      Jim Sinclair jisincla@...
    • Westgold