Re: New here--Smokie has an appointment with the cardiologist this afternoon

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 3:57 PM
      Hi Susan

      I`m sorry you lost your other kitty to saddle thrombosis. Unfortunately
      that is often the first and final symptom of heart disease, cats are excellent
      at hiding it. With Smokie you now have a chance as she was caught earlier.
      There are plenty of things you can do to help and the cardiologist is the
      first one, so let us know the diagnosis and then we can give you advice and
      ideas :)

    • snickfly
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30 5:09 PM
        I hope that they can determine what is going on with Smokie! My Charlie had his ultrasound last week, was diagnosed with HCM and has started meds. He is doing really well on Lasix and Atenolol. He is more playful than ever and even tolerates the meds (although he doesn't love it and apparently the liquid does not really taste like chicken--LOL). He is eating normally again and his respiration rate is much lower. He goes for a check up next Fri. with blood work and possibly a repeat chest xray. Hopefully you will be able to start some type of treatment with good results! Sorry about Bala. It is always so hard to deal with the loss. I recently lost my kitty Fred to a cancerous nasal tumor. It was a long few months and we tried everything we could, but in the end, crossing the Rainbow Bridge was the best decision. Someone on here gave me good advice and I am trying to take it to heart.....enjoy them each day as you just never know what may happen! Please let us know how the ultrasound goes.

        Anne