Charlie Update

  • snickfly
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2013
      His medicine came in today. It is Atenolol...I must have misunderstood when he told me the name on Tuesday. He will take .25mL/day and will continue the 12.5 mg of lasix 2x/day. His bloodwork will be in 2 wks and then will decide then about continuing lasix. The hope is to possibly decrease to 1/2 tab 2x/day instead of a whole. We will start the Cardio Support. He agreed they are all beneficial ingredients. I ordered it, and will most likely wait until after his first blood work to make sure nothing in it skews the first numbers.

      On a good note, Charlie has been amazing since being on the Lasix. He is like a playful kitten. This morning he was zooming around, tackling my feet, getting into things in my closet, etc. So I am feeling more positive about it all. His breathing rate is still more rapid than it should be but he hasn't started the Atenolol yet so I will make the comparison then and see. Thinking back, I think his breath rate has always been faster than my other kitties. But he is ALWAYS purring when he snuggles with me so hard to get a good rate when he isn't purring.

      Thanks for all the great tips in the emails and posts on here. I am very grateful to know that I am not alone in all of this and this isn't a death sentence for sweet Charlie.

      Anne
    • karenborga@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2013
        Hi Anne,

        This is a very supportive group.
        Although I no longer have a heart disease kitty, I follow along and help out with pet loss grief support.

        Karen

        *****

        ...Thanks for all the great tips in the emails and posts on here. I am very grateful to know that I am not alone in all of this and this isn't a death sentence for sweet Charlie.

        Anne

        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile