Re: [FH] New Rhapsody video

  • Jim Sinclair
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
      On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Westgold <westgold@...> wrote:

      > How wonderful to see him so happy and playing like that! He is just
      > beautiful -- he has amazing markings I have never seen before. Especially
      > that right front paw! Where did you find him?

      There's a photo of Rhapsody's front legs at
      https://twitter.com/JimSinclair8/status/326029915185090560/photo/1

      How I got him and his littermate: I came to Michigan to visit my
      mother in September 2011. I went to the synagogue. A lady there asked
      where my service dog was. I told her I still have the dog but he's
      retired from service dog duty, and then I told her about Cricket the
      service cat who died (most likely from heart disease, being a young
      cat who died suddenly and unexpectedly in his sleep one night) at just
      over a year old. She then told me about a stray cat one of her
      neighbors was feeding. The neighbor had been thinking of taking the
      cat into his home to join his two senior cats, but then one day she
      showed up with two kittens, and he didn't want kittens. I said we had
      to help this momcat and her kittens before the weather turned cold.
      The next day the neighbors caught the kittens, who were about four
      weeks old, and I took them. It took longer to get the mother cat, but
      the man who was feeding her eventually succeeded in coaxing her
      indoors, and got her vetted and spayed, so now mother and kittens are
      all safely off the streets.

      Jim Sinclair jisincla@...
    • Dana Michelle
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
        Love the video of Rhapsody! Glad he's feeling so well! :) Dana and Tink

      • snickfly
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
          Adorable.....I don't blame you one bit!!!

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Jim Sinclair <jisincla@...> wrote:

          > I should be asleep, but who can sleep with stuff this cute going on?
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf4G7wZB7aI
          >
          > Jim Sinclair jisincla@...

        • Westgold
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
            Bless you for taking them in! I love stories like this! What color are Mom and the sib?

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
              On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Westgold <westgold@...> wrote:

              > Bless you for taking them in! I love stories like this! What color are
              > Mom and the sib?

              Mom (Mitzi) is a gorgeous silver tabby. Sister (Harmony) is a gorgeous
              brown tabby. There are a couple of videos of Harmony and Rhapsody
              together at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnjer3C0L4 (when they were
              baby kittens) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF22ONd-JGQ (at nine
              months old).

              Jim Sinclair jisincla@...