Re: information about bringing a cat to Ireland

  • beadfreak.geo
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
      Can you fly into either London or Wales and take the ferry across to Ireland? I don't know where you are headed to in Ireland, but that might be a better option for your cat.

      Caroline

    • JudithG
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
        Sorry, missed the beginning of this thread. I'm in Israel too.

        The rabies antibody test must be done by a government agency. This means the hospital at the Korat Veterinary School in Bet Degan. They are slow.

        The entire ready your pet process is the qualify for an EU passport process. Your vet should know what this entails. Your cat will be microchipped.

        How are you getting there? I don't believe there are any direct flights unless one of the charter companies has them. If there isn't one, you have to allow for the layover which may mean making arrangements for your pet to stay in some sort of facility at the airport.

        Judith
      • Charlotte .
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
          Hi Pablo,

          I'm the owner of a cat with a heart condition and I live in Ireland :) The
          links you gave are the correct sources of information and no cat can fly
          into Ireland except as cargo. It is not possible to take a cat in the cabin
          into Ireland OR BRITAIN at all. I have flown cats in from the EU to Ireland
          but I am also in touch with cat breeders who have brought cats (and dogs!)
          into Ireland from other places.

          If I can help in any way with specific questions etc, please shout.

          charlotte

          --
          DaddyO Sphynx and Devon Rex
          www.daddyocats.com