Re: [FH] Annual Echo for Jazzie

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2013
      HI Melinda,

      That is fantastic news! I also had a cat whose values improved after
      medication. It shows it is vital to start treatment early. Well done and purrs
      to Jazzie!

      :) Lyn

    • Dana McCormick
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2013
        Melinda,

        That is fantastic news.

        I am also one who insisted on early treatment. My Leroy was diagnosed mild HCM a few years ago and the Dr gave me the choice to medicate or not. He was put on Diltiazem and his next recheck he had normal readings and remained that way for many years until he passed away from something unrelated to the heart.

        My Fuzz was diagnosed severe HCM in June and was put on Diltiazem and his 2 follow up echos also show improvement in the #s. As a result of his diagnosis, I had his 3 full siblings checked and they have varying degrees of HCM. 2 of the 3 were put on Diltiazem and had improvements on their measurements on the first follow-up.

        Perhaps luck plays a role, but I am a firm believer that early meds help, whether there are studies to prove it.

        Dana