Re: [FH] Re: New To Group/Intro - Melissa & Oreo

  • Melissa Korzeniowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 19, 2013

      Thanks for your post.  Can she be on benazepril and amlodipine at the same time?  The cardiologist today said that Pimobendan is the only drug she can give because Oreo has kidney disease as well.

      She had more fluid in her chest today than last week - not enough to be tapped - but worrisome.

      Thanks for your support.

      Melissa

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 20, 2013
        Hi Melissa

        Both my Trixi and Milli have atenolol, benazepril and vetmedin, along with
        diuretics and plavix. Trixi has been on that combination for years. Milli
        has benazepril for 6 years but added vetmedin last year and more recently
        atenolol. Benazepril is actually used to treat kidney disease in the UK so
        it's used for heart and kidneys which helps my cats too.

        But each cat is different. Maxi has just atenolol, so does Topsy.