Re: [FH] URGENT: O2 tank?

  • nyppsi
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19 9:06 AM
      Jim,

      Oxygen used for welding is not, to the best of my knowledge, medicinal
      grade oxygen, and contains impurities that can cause harm to living things. The
      oxygen must be USP.

      If you have a large veterinary hospital who has had contact with the cat,
      they might be willing to do a tank exchange (that's how I get my oxygen
      E-cylinders refilled for my asthma kitty, Katie) or refill your existing tank.
      Or the ER you have Rhapsody at might do that for you.

      HTH

      Dick

      In a message dated 4/19/2013 10:26:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

      URGENT: O2 tank?
      Posted by: "Jim Sinclair" jisincla@... jisincla
      Date: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:16 am ((PDT))

      Now that it's morning, trying to find a way to get oxygen tank refilled.
      Medical places don't want to refill tanks purchased elsewhere. My tank was
      purchased in Michigan and I'm now back in Syracuse, New York. Housemate
      suggested a place that fills O2 tanks for welding might help. Anyone know
      anything about this?

      Took Rhapsody to ER late last night, had them put him in oxygen cage, then
      went to sleep in car in parking lot around 3 a.m. after 40+ hours and some
      500 miles driven since last having slept. Asked staff to come get me if any
      change, including becoming stable out of O2 cage so able to come home.
      Message did not get passed along so new shift was unaware I was out there.
      Woke up around 9, went inside and found Rhapsody had been breathing without
      needing O2 cage for a few hours. Now need to refill my tank so I can bring
      him home.

      Visited with him. Alert, purry, vocal, walking around, still ataxic.
      Appears HUNGRY. Going home to get his food and morning meds.

      Jim Sinclair jisincla@...