new to group

  • Rhy
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 17, 2013
      Hello all! This group looks really nice! I can not wait to start asking questions and learning new things. You see, I may have a new cat in my life!!! He is called small cat, though he will be getting a new name when his adoption is finalized. He is an amazing blue eyed Siamese cat. Now I do know he had a grade 4 heart problem. They are not sure just how long he will live but I only care that each day is full of life and love. My two other cats are used to new foster cats and are so very good, but this one will be the last new one.
      Again thank you all for being a cool friendly group. I am sure wet will share laughs and a few years.
      Rhywnn Gaffney
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 19, 2013
        Hi Rhywnn

        A grade four heart murmur is always serious. The best possible thing you
        can do is take him to a cardiologist and have an ultrasound scan done. The
        you will know exactly what his heart problem is. It could be HCM , it could
        be a hole in his heart, all of these conditions can have treatment ato help
        stabilise them.

        I think its wonderful you are taking a sick kitty. We took milli with her
        grade 4 and she has two holes in her heart and was given a year or so to
        live as a kitten. She is seven years this summer and takes a lot of drugs

      • rhywnn gaffney
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 19, 2013
          Sorry he has a grade 5 and he is on benazepril and atenolol. It is a
          birth defect but that is all I know.
          He is sooo cute! Sounds like a bit of a brat, but once he sets the rules i
          am sure i will do fine.
          Rhywnn