Re: Pet Sitters

  • Janette
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17 7:20 AM
      With all the private responses I've received - I feel a bit better knowing I'm not in this boat alone. My friend came up with a good idea, but unfortunately hubby isn't interested. She offered to send her hubby up to the show with him and I can stay home. Since I hurt my back a week ago - this made a lot of sense since I couldn't do much lifting, hauling stuff, etc. Since he's not up to that, if Zeke is still with us (and I hope he is), I think my best bet would be to cancel the show. I hate doing this at the last minute, but I think it would be the best solution. I have another week yet, so we'll see how it goes.

      Zeke's breathing has definitely improved the last couple of days since we've upped the amount of lasix he's been getting. Hubby has given up trying to get the "pile-o-pills" into him in the morning so he leaves that to me - which is fine. Hubby is a creature of habit and these extra things mess up his routine, which stresses him for the rest of the day. Since I'm home, I have no problem taking care of it. Zeke is getting more challenging to pill -despite his illness, he's still feisty. At least he doesn't hide on us.

      Thanks for the responses. It helps to have a place to vent about this kind of stuff.

      Janette

      BTW - for those that asked - I'm in Eugene, OR