Update on Mr. Bob (CRF+DCM)

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2013
      Well, we celebrated 15 days post diagnosis with Mr. Bob last night. He's already ahead of the curve of 2 weeks survival that we were told back when we first visited the cardiologist. Now we're looking forward to at least a whole month and hoping we'll see some improvement in his heart by then.

      He's been on his Lasix and Pimobendan, as well as CoQ10, Taurine and other herbs and medicines. He's mostly happy and active. When he gets a bit droopy, we give him a very small amount of sub-Q fluids to supplement the water he gets in his food and tuna- or milk-water we give him as a treat for taking particularly large and annoying pills.

      We stopped eating over the weekend and we were a bit worried. But we changed up his food flavor thinking his tummy was upset from barfing up an especially nasty pill a couple of times, and associating that with his regular food. But, sneaky cat that he is, we caught him eating our other cat's food, which is the same as his, so maybe he's just enjoying being spoiled.

      Thanks for your support and kind words over the last couple of weeks. It's really helped to come here and read notes from others who have gone through similar situations.