Re: New Here

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9 2:36 PM
      Hi Jenn

      It sounds as if you are doing everything right. INhaled steroids are much
      much safer than swallowed ones and he needs to get over the pneumonia. The
      enalapril will help him with his heart and it is good he was diagnosed early
      and not in heart failure.

      There are things you can do. Monitor his breathing and find what is normal
      whne he is asleep . It might be hard to do that until he recovers though.
      Count normal breaths for 15 seconds and work out over a minute. Up to 30
      normal, to 40 alarm, 40+ emergency. But most important is some change in his
      breathing, double breaths, open mouth, wheezing and coughing that's new.

      Add CoQ at 30mg. It helps a lot of our kitties. Its from the health store.
      You can also add nattokinase (doctors best or any without vitamin k) if you
      are worried about clots.

      What dose of lasix is he on? If high, he will need kidney tests to monitor
      him.

      Lyn:)

    • JennC
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9 4:03 PM
        Hi Lyn,

        Thanks for the kind welcome.

        Rollo's on 12.5 mg of of the lasix. He gets half in the morning and half at night. They did check his kidneys at the cardiologist and they were good but will continue to monitor.

        What does the CoQ do? Is it a pill or powder? I'm up for anything that will help! The Dr wasn't worried about clots at this point though I know it's always a chance.

        One big issue that has made this harder is having to take him off the steroids cold turkey so he's been feeling pretty rough with that but we had no choice.

        Definitely will be watching the breathing and any changes. Wow, this is stressful! So glad there are others who know what this is like.

        Jenn