Smaller Dose of Mirtazapine

  • binarina1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2013
      I've reduced his dose to 1/16th of a 15mg tablet. He absolutely wont eat without it. It works well, but only really for about 24 hours. Problem is I'm giving it him every two days, and that second day all he will eat is a small amount of sardines and a few biscuits. How bad for him is this? He eats lots of the first day, and little the second.
    • tafoster4000
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2013
        I do the same thing with Moe's cyproheptadine, he gets 1/6 or less every day for a few days then it seems to keep him eating for the rest of the week. Mirtazapine didn't work for him at all. I like cypro also because I can give daily or twice a day if needed. Sometimes it only takes a sliver to get him eating. Another plus for Moe is it makes him happier, seems more alert also helps with his sometimes nasal congestion from herpes flareups.

        Taca