Re: Cat still losing weight, how can I encourage him to eat more?

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2013
      I have had some luck getting Mr. Bob to eat more by squeezing a fish oil capsule on his food. I have also been known to make a tuna-broth mixture by putting canned tuna in a small pot and adding a couple of cups of water and letting it simmer for about an hour. This will give you some tuna water that you can add to any food to make it smell good. It also has the benefit of adding more water to the food, which is usually a good thing.

      Good luck. I know how frustrating it can be! I have pictures of the time when Mr. Bob was first Dx with his kidney failure and was not eating at all, and I'd tried to entice him with a whole smorgasbord of foods, so he would often have four or five bowls and plates around him.

      Karen