Re: HCM & CKD

  • r schu
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26 10:14 AM
      It's hard to comment without knowing what 'quite elevated' renal blood values actually are. 60% loss is probably not the point that sub q fluids are needed. But again, it depends on what the bloodwork shows.

      Do you know it's not acute renal failure?

      In the mean time, did your vet tell you about renal diets?, lowering the phosphorus puts less strain on the kidneys, and offering more wet than dry food offers an obvious advantage.

      The crf-support group is full of expertise about kidneys. It's where I come from and know much more than about heart. But May has both crf and hcm so we're learning to balance them. It can be done.

      How is she feeling? Is she eating? Has she had chf?

      -Lee and May

      HCM & CKD
      Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:24 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
      "lilloise52" lilloise52
      Hi,

      My female tabby (11 years) has just been diagnosed with CKD and has lost about 60% of her renal function... My vet didn't want to use IV rehydration because of her HCM... No subcutaneous injections either... I am lef with trying to get her to drink as much as possible at home. Her creatinine and BUN are quite elevated...

      Has anyone had any experience to relate while dealing with both of these issues, and the best approach to deal with them? I know Tigg's days are counted, but I am hoping for her to pass easily at home, what do you advise? She's still drinking some and eating yogurt mostly and producing urine even if it's dilute urine...

      Thank you for any reply and advice...