Re: Famotidine dosage

  • Elise Eisfelder
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
      I've had to give famotidine before and the largest amount I've seen anyone give is 2.5 twice a day. Cats that have higher creatinine get it once a day or every other day. Please ask your vet about this.

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Mary Sue Rubin
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
        My cat started on 10mg twice a day, which is twice what your cat is now
        getting. Within about a week her ascites resolved and we gradually weaned
        her down to 5 mg once a day. That works for her now, but we keep an eye on
        her. It all depends on the cat and the situation at the moment and the
        dosage might have to be adjusted in the future.

        .

        Mary Sue