Re: update on May

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
      Hi Lee

      It's good May is eating more, she is feeling better. An increase in kidney
      values is expected, but my girl's increase has been quite stable.

      High WBC usually means fighting off an infection. Are you sure there is no
      root left in as the nerves would get exposed which is painful., Roots to
      reabsorb. My Vannie had a tooth out and it was far too short and the vet put
      a probe and it went straight to the fur of her chin. No root at all. Might
      be worth just getting it checked there's nothing left impacted in there
      although lack of pain is a good sign.

      :) I`m happy she is feeling better. Hope the tooth fairy brings a treat:)

    • r schu
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2013
        Just to follow up. Cardiologist said venous blood gas results are meaningless, so not to worry. (I'm still not sure why the blood results list ranges for arterial as well as venous blood gasses, but...)

        Follow up blood showed crea at 4.6 so the 2.8 was likely a lab error.

        Miss May has been extremely lazy in this heat wave we've been having, lounging around all stretched out. I've given some extra fluid orally, and she seems quite comfortable. Respiration has been good and this morning, no arrythmia, just a 164 heart rate after eating.

        So except for a few out of range blood results (ca) and kidney values, the upped dose of lasix, 3oed, 3+3eod, seems to have things under control.

        Hope all your kitties are doing well, and surviving the heat wave that is almost over in New England, USA.

        -Lee and May