Update: Chloe and Mom

  • zan200
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2013
      Hi Everyone,

      I've wanted to send out an update for days, but "exhaustion meltdown" set in - if I wasn't caring for either my mother or Chloe, I was catching up on housework, cooking meals (for both humans and kitty), or collapsing :)...

      Mom is slowly recovering from both the pneumonia and her fainting episode - I took her in for her checkup yesterday - lungs were much clearer, but her back, etc. is still causing quite a bit of pain - it will be a slow road toward healing.

      Chloe is slowly recovering from her Vetmedin reaction - I contacted the vet Tues. AM and explained just what went on - her extreme lethargy, subsequent dehydration etc. Chloe really looked terrible after the Vetmedin - unresponsive, just floppy and miserable...Don't know if anyone else has experienced a similar reaction with their kitty, but it was pretty dramatic...

      Thankfully, Chloe seems to have bounced back, and is much more her "usual" self today. Vet initially wanted me to try another 1/4 tab, but I was extremely hesitant, so after another discussion, we put it on hold completely until her next vet visit...

      Vet visit is now scheduled for Monday - I'll see what more the vet says about the Vetmedin and see if there's something else we can try...

      Again, thanks so much for all the wonderful notes...They're greatly appreciated!!!

      Suzanne and Chloe