Re: Fluids and HCM

  • Sarah Wadey
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2013
      Hi Jean & Harley,

      Although Ras doesn't have panc, he does have CRF & HCM.
      Like panc, fluids are good for CRF.
      We keep a close eye on Ras's hydration and only give small amounts of fluids when necessary. We will mix extra water in to his food, or syringe water into his mouth at the slightest sign of dehydration, although he is assist fed now so he is generally fine with hydration.
      Saying that he is having 60ml of fluids twice a week at the moment, but hasn't had fluids for 6 months until last week.

      It's all a balancing act as HCM wins over CRF, but it's also about QoL and it feels rubbish to be dehydrated.

      Are you using wet food?

      Best

      Sarah & Rascasse x