Re: pancreatitis

  • laurelmmillersherman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2002
      Z-
      Thanks for the reference.
      I'm aware of the low fat course of feeding with removal of food for
      24-48 hours during a bout with inflamation.
      As far as the bloodwork is concerned, there is a test called TLI that
      indicates pancreatic involvement. Sela has had this test and the
      level is "high", indicating the problem. What the test doesn't do is
      indicate the specific issue at hand, whether infection, enzyme
      production, etc.. That's why to be definitive, an exploratory is in
      order.
      So, without the specific problem indentified, the right treatment is
      in question, whether to go the antibiotic or enzyme supplement and
      B12 direction.
      Thanks again for your input.
      Laurel