Silly question I suppose-- CHF semantics

  • cafelty77
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2013
      So if a cat has been in CHF-- does that mean that they are always in CHF or do they just go back to being an HCM kitty?

      Thanks!

      Christina
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2013
        Hi Christina

        My HCM kitty has been in and out of heart failure. Heart failure is when
        the heart fails to pump with enough efficiency and fluid starts to back up in
        the lungs or body. It is possible to control the heart failure, as we did
        with Trixi and go back to HCM. Trixi no longer has fluid in her lungs. Some
        kitties will remain in heart failure though and need permanent diuretics.