Re: New Here - Wispe - Saddle Thrombosis

  • Deena
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14, 2013
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, bealtainne.kath@... wrote:
      >He's being seen by a cardiologist in the morning.
      >
      > Any thoughts would be most welcome.

      Hi Kath,

      Any update on Wispe?
      In my experience, most saddle thrombosis are heart related so I'm glad you are seeing a cardiac consult.

      I would research Nattokinase and see if/where it's available in the UK. It will eat clots and keep new ones from forming. I've had very good luck using it on heart kitties that were very high clot risks.

      Deena in Mass USA
    • Mary Sue Rubin
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 14, 2013
        Deena,

        Could you elaborate a little on the Nattokinase - how much, how often, which
        brand, etc.? Was a cardiologist open to using this? Other than homeopathic
        vets most seem to want to fix everything with prescription medicine.

        Thanks,

        Mary Sue

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14, 2013
          I get Doctor's Best nattokinase off Ebay but a lot of health stores sell
          it. It has to be the version without vitamin K. It dissolves clots. My
          cardiologist doesn't recommend it but it works well for my cats who aren't on
          plavix.