Chuntaro - HCM rescued cat

  • Ana Gutierrez
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2013
      Dear all,

      As I said in some email in the past week, I recently rescued a cat, Chuntaro,
      which turned out to have HCM.

      We live in Mexico and I run a small cat shelter, Gatunchitos. I am looking
      for a forever home for Chuntaro, and I will certainly love if someone in
      this list would adopt him. I wouldn't mind taking a flight to take
      Chuntito wherever in the world he'll be loved and accepted with his
      condition.

      Unfortunately, I cannot keep him because this year I'll be moving (along
      with my four cats) from Mexico to Spain.

      If anyone requires further information, don't hesitate to contact me. I
      love this little guy and I'll do anything for him to be happy and loved.

      You can meet him here: http://www.facebook
      .com/media/set/?set=a.409625225795370.95905.179410662150162&type=3

      If you can't, I'll appreciate if you can help me sharing his FB album.

      Best for you and your cats,
      Ana

    • keycmv
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2013
        What a cute boy! I would be concerned about flying him though. Our boy Gump had his first heart event brought about during a drive through a high altitude pass. We strongly suspect the altitude was the trigger.

        I hope you find a loving soul to take this beautiful boy. Thanks for getting the word out!

        What does Chuntaro mean?

        Carol and Gump
      • Ana Gutierrez
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2013
          Hi Carol, thanks for your words.

          I flew with Punky (who has HCM, pulmonar stenosis, and septum valve) to
          Spain and back and he is perfect. The cardiologist told me that as long as
          they fly in cabin with me, they should be ok... of course that we did all
          the ecos before the flight, and I would do the same for Chunti.

          I am also hoping I can find the best home for him. Chuntaro means
          originally an indian person from Michoacan but it is now deformed to a
          tough person. I named him Chuntaro because when I got him into the car, the
          radio played "Chuntaro Style", and the name suits him well because he
          probably had a tough time in the streets :( he was all bitten when he came
          to me.

          Thanks,
          Ana