Re: HCM cat- questions about safety of antihistamine, clavamox with Plavix, etc

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2013
      Hi Rita

      I am sorry Kirby is having so many issues. Is it possible to have a gastric
      coated version of that antibiotic? I have had no bad issues with plavix at
      all but only have experience with two cats. Both have had clavaseptin with
      no problems, but I`m not sure that's the same drug. Maybe there is a
      different antibitoic which can be given gastric coated?

      An alternative is to ask could you give the drug by injection, but I`m not
      sure if that would be legal where you are. I know some countries allow
      water to be administered as fluids.

      I have never given a cat antihistamines, so I hope someone else can help
      you there.