Re: [FH] CoQ10

  • Ana Gutierrez
    Message 1 of 94 , Mar 6, 2013
      I uploadead the PDF file in my dropbox account. I hope you can download it.
      Anyway, I will email it to those who asked me for it.

      https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydc1qnv86qkvdi5/nutririon_cardiac_disease.pdf?m

      Best,

      Ana

      On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM, marianna mayer <mmayer11@...> wrote:

      > Thank you, Ana. I am grateful for this. Will you please post it to
      > Feline-Heart's website Data Base for example. That would be great!
      > Thanks,
      > Marianna
      >

      > On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 20:35:10 -0500, Ana Gutierrez <anagtz@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > This is the only study I found of CoQ10 use in cats and dogs:
      >>
      >> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/**pubmed/9842116<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9842116>
      >>
      >> If someone is interested in the PDF, let me know.
      >>
      >> Best,
      >>
      >> Ana
      >>

      >> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Sharon <sharong9@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> **
      >>>

      >>> I am wondering if there are any studies that you know of on the use of
      >>> CoQ10 in cats? I have looked and found none and have noticed that a few
      >>> people here are using this as well as Taurine.
      >>>
      >>> My kitty was born with a heart deformity that is being called "Double
      >>> outlet left ventricle". She also has a hole in the heart which allowed
      >>> her
      >>> to live. She is now 8 mos old.
      >>>
      >>> Sharon
      >>>
      >>> Sent from my iPad

      > --

    • Barbara Piderit
      Message 94 of 94 , Jan 14
        Hi, Cindy,

        My Idgie has been taking Aktivait Cat, which contains CoQ10, as a "brain" vitamin for almost 5 years, for cognitive dysfunction.  She is 21-1/2yo.

        She has also been taking amlodipine SID and atenolol BID, under the guidance of the HoD, Cardiology, at the veterinary school in Berne (Switzerland) for 18 months.  The cardiologist knew/knows Idgie was getting/gets CoQ10 and never suggested that I separate the supplement from the heart meds, which I give Idgie to control high blood pressure due to her ISIS Stage 2 CKD and tachycardia, probably due to old age.  (She also needs help maintaining a normal body temperature, probably due to her age, so she always has access to gentle heat.  I have never seen evidence of any side effects from giving these meds at the same time.

        Head butts,

        Barbara & Idgie