Re: [FH] CoQ10

  • marianna mayer
    Message 1 of 104 , Mar 4, 2013
      Thank you, Ana. I am grateful for this. Will you please post it to
      Feline-Heart's website Data Base for example. That would be great!
      Thanks,
      Marianna

      On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 20:35:10 -0500, Ana Gutierrez <anagtz@...> wrote:

      > This is the only study I found of CoQ10 use in cats and dogs:
      >
      > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9842116
      >
      > If someone is interested in the PDF, let me know.
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Ana
      >

      > On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Sharon <sharong9@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> I am wondering if there are any studies that you know of on the use of
      >> CoQ10 in cats? I have looked and found none and have noticed that a few
      >> people here are using this as well as Taurine.
      >>
      >> My kitty was born with a heart deformity that is being called "Double
      >> outlet left ventricle". She also has a hole in the heart which allowed
      >> her
      >> to live. She is now 8 mos old.
      >>
      >> Sharon
      >>
      >> Sent from my iPad

    • stonebridge341
      Message 104 of 104 , Jul 28

        I understand this group recommends CoQ10 for heart disease kitties and I tried it for our Davin who has cardiomyopathy.  What I noticed was after a few days on CoQ10, Davin had two breathing fits.  He has not had one of those since March 25, 2016.  He is currently taking Benazepril 5mg 1/2 tablet twice a day and Pimobendan 1mg 1 tablet every 12 hours both started on 5/20/2017.  After his dental surgery, we started him on Plavix 75mg 1/4 tablet once a day beginning on 6/7/2017.  Davin's breathing fits were on 7/6 and 7/10/2017. Unfortunately, I did not record the days I gave Davin the CoQ10 but he was taking it at the time of his breathing fits.  My question is has anyone else noticed that CoQ10 caused breathing fits for their cat?  Another thing it could be is stress.  Davin was under a great deal of stress from our neighbors setting off fireworks every night for almost 2 weeks.  He has strong fear of loud noises and fireworks really upset him.  I don't know if I should try the CoQ10 again or not.

        Thanks for any suggestions or experiences you are able to share.

        April