Re: Furosemide

  • r schu
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 2013
      Hi June and Daisy,

      May has been prescribed 1/4 of a 12.5 lasix so about 3.1mg per day, once a day, she weighs 9.7 lbs now.

      Your Daisy is getting 1mg total per day. So lb for lb it looks like May is getting a bit more, but not much.

      I'm not sure if 3.1 is a normal maintenence dose or not.

      -Lee and May
      Mon Mar 4, 2013 7:22 am (PST) . Posted by:
      "June Jeffrey" smudgeypaws@...
      Hello,

      Daisy has been prescribed 0.5mg of furosemide x 2 daily after developing ascities. She is 5lb 15 ozs.

      I wondered what doseage has been prescribed for other listmembers kitties and if anyone can advise how the doseage is calculated?

      Also, have read it should be given either two hours after or one hour before food, but vet did not give any instructions regarding this. Can anyone advise regarding this (have been giving two hours after food as understand this increases effect)?

      Many thanks and best wishes,

      June and Daisy.