timing of lasix and sub q

  • r schu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2013
      If anyone is supporting a cat with crf as well as hcm, as I am, I'm wondering how you time the dosing of lasix with sub q fluids.

      We're doing 1/4 of a 12.5mg lasix every 24 hours, and 25cc sub q every 12 hours. I give meds am and pm, so morning is no problem, but I'm wondering how to time the lasix with the 25cc at night.

      I'm giving lasix around 6pm and waiting two hours to give the 25cc. I don't want the lasix to deyhdrate her, but I also don't want the fluids to get flushed out immediately, and not make it on board to help her kidneys.

      Is anyone else dealing with this?

      Thank you.

      -Lee and May