Re: [FH] Paranoid about Vets Trips.

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013
      Hi

      I`m pretty good with trips now, I`m used to them. But I can appreciate your
      concerns, it is an invasive procedure. But if bloods are needed, you are
      doing the right thing. Get some Feliway from the vet and you can spray a bit
      in the carrier and on your hands before you go.

    • groetzinger6
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013
        hi there, luckily my cats like riding in the car-one of them cries alot but afterwards she curls up and sleeps=as long as i keep a hand inside her cage to pet her she calms right down=do you have someone who can drive or go with you and keep kitty in cage but open door and reach hand in=just talk to them and pet them..the other thing i do or did along time ago=when i was doing a short errand=say 15 min ride-i would take one of them with me...once i did this about 4 or 5 times they calmed down PLUS feeding them a treat at the end of ride helps...i dont know how i got lucky but the cat with heart issues honeybee sits on the console in the middle of the seat riding shotgun...its so cute to see her just sitting up like a dog and we are zoomin down the highway and see people look over...and my old cat floey has always screamed like a banchi in a cage so i dont cage her anymore=once i let her sleep on the seat=she calmed down..i bet if you could get someone to drive and sit wiht kitty next to you out of the cage=they may be ok...takes a few tries..but this worked for me.

        honeybee floey pumpkin face and tonda

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013
          Thanks for the replies. It went quite well, he got upset when he saw the carrier and when he was put in it, but he calmed down in the car. Results tomorrow, so keeping everything crossed. This is the first blood test he's had since he was diagnosed.

          I've tried feliway before, doesn't seem to have much effect on him. Also, I've got a two sweater car, so with me and the carrier unfortunately there's no room for anyone else.

          Sounds like you've got a pretty cool cat sitting on the console!!

          I haven't thought about homeopathic remedies, are they ok to mix with conventional medicine?

          Thanks again to you all.
        • marianna mayer
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013
            Yes, it's okay to mix homeopathic remedies with traditional meds. But you
            need to make sure that the homeopathic remedies you select are okay for
            cats. Lots of websites to help you determine that...always check before
            purchasing. I agree Feliway hasn't done much here either.
            Glad everything went well today. I'm sure the lab results will be fine.
            Good luck!!!
            Marianna