Re: Heart failure and breathing problems

  • tourtaney
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 5:50 PM
      Lyn,

      Maggie is getting (1) 12.5mb tablet twice/daily. However, last Wednesday, I started giving her an additional half tablet in between the the full doses..

      An xray 2 weeks ago did show fluid starting to build again in her chest cavity but not near the 100ml that was drained after her echo...

      She has been stable at the 60 BPM for the past couple of months but I know she's starting to worsen with the fluids rebuilding again.

      I'm hoping the Vetmedin can help the heart and therefore, stop the fluids from 'leaking' into the cavity if the heart is pumping easier.

      I'm assuming that's how it works anyways..

      -Courtney & Maggie