Re: [FH] Chloe - X-ray Not Good - More Lasix/Vetmedin

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
      Hi

      I have 8 cats on various medications (40 pills/capsules a day.. Trixi has
      10 just for herself! ) and we give our morning pills at 9am and evening
      pills at 9pm. All the pills are given at that time and the cardiologist is fine
      with that. Each cat gets theirs all at once with chicken or paste. Luckily
      my cats are incredibly greedy and will eat anything!

      The number of times the wrong cat has snatched and eaten a pill though!

      Lyn:)

    • zan200
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
        Hi Laurie,

        Yes, there is a reason behind the wild schedule...Chloe's vet added a third dose of Lasix to the mix this past Thursday - so in an attempt to group as many meds together, I came up with this idea:

        Since:
        Lasix is now given every 8 hours
        Enalapril/Spiro is given every 12 hours

        Lasix 8:00AM, 4:00PM, 12:00AM
        Enalapril/Spiro 12:00PM/12:AM

        If I give the Lasix alone at 8:00AM, the last dose can be combined with the Enal./Spiro at midnight. It also enables me to give Chloe her "breakfast" before the Enal./Spiro as the vet said these drugs are better tolerated with food...Prior to this, Chloe received all three heart meds all at once (ahh, the simple life!) :).

        I do work at home, but it all gets crazy when I have to go out on appointments/errands or am preparing/serving dinner. I am convinced one day I'll sit down to dinner to find Chloe eating a plate of spaghetti and me eating a Fancy Feast milkshake! :)

        I'm keeping my fingers crossed the Vetmedin can be combined with the other heart meds - I don't know how I could possibly fit anything else into the day...

        Any ideas or suggestions for an easier schedule would be greatly appreciated!

        Exhausted Suzanne and Chloe