RE: [FH] Re: introduction to Esther

  • Mary Sue Rubin
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
      Hi Lyn,

      I will definitely ask the cardiologist about Plavix. I've heard of CoQ10
      also and will look into starting it.

      I have been counting Esther's respiration, maybe a little obsessively. I do
      it once a day, at night, while I am reading and she is resting/sleeping in
      my lap. It is consistently between 19 and 21. It was more than 30 before she
      started her medication. I don't know what her normal was prior to that.

      Thanks for the feedback.

      Mary Sue

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2013
        hi there, I see you guys talking about fiber=canned plain pumpkin works wonders. works better than miralax. i give it to all 3 of my cats=2 of them lick it off my finger=the third i use a small syringe and add water to make very thick pudding like=and give 1/2ml daily. or i give each cat 1 tsp every other day. i find if i do this daily it gets too loose so for now every other day works. also when looking at dry food there are some that come higher content in fiber=so i try to stick to nongrain type food but sometimes i have to mix it with cheap meowmix 30 % to give it smell because the higher end foods dont smell as much...this seems to work well. 70% food is highend and alittle snacktype mixed in keeps them from getting finicky. i tried to ween off cheap food but at this point the vet says get them eating rather than starve them...so this mix i have used for about 6 months now...but try the canned pumpkin but make sure it has nothing else in it...you only need about 1/2 cup for a week so you end up tossing the rest..i will snack on some of it or bake with left overs..muffins or such..hope this helps=i know pumpkin is very nutrisious for them!
        honeybee and tonda

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2013
          hi there, i dont know if my other message made it through=try giving kitty a few licks of canned pumpkin daily. this will take about 2 days to work...but dont give over 1 tsp daily or it goes the other way..hope this helps! my cats like it..took em abit but they lick it off my finger and wont eat it out of a dish..whatever..just wash my hands then feed em..LOL

          bounding time with my furbabies

          Tonda in NH, floey honeybee and pumpkin face ^--^

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2013
            Thanks Tonda. Your original message did go through. I know about pumpkin and I’ll give it a try if needed. At the moment Esther is fine. I’ve been giving her a little beef each day, which usually causes soft stool, but now makes her stool normal. Her straining isn’t an everyday thing so I think I will try food remedies for as long as they work and avoid the Miralax for now.

            Mary Sue