Re: [FH] Re: Anyone familiar with Restrictive Cardiomyopathy?

  • Laurie Stead
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2 5:42 AM
      Hi Courtney,

      I definitely think adding vetmedin is worthwhile.  I was apprehensive too and we did it in baby steps to make sure Boo could tolerate it.  Maybe do 1/4 of a tab in the AM to start and increase it after a week adding a 1/4 PM dose if she is doing well with it.  After several months we worked up to 1/2 tab in the AM and 1/2 tab in the PM with no issues at all. Actually saw much improvement in her overall being.

      Have you been taking Maggie's RRR (resting respiratory rate)?  The best way to gauge breathing issues is to count inward breaths while she is at rest (not awake and not in a deep sleep) over 15secs and then multiply by 4 to get her RRR.  This should be under 30, above 30 is cause for alarm but over 40 is an emergency.

      Laurie