Hain's Chicken Broth has onion

  • Bill & Linda Fischbach
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2002
      Two years ago I started using Hain's no-salt-added chicken broth. I've
      called them several times and was assured there was NO onion in them.
      Recently, another person contacted them, and they said there WAS onion
      powder in this broth. So I contacted them again, and was informed that all
      their broth contains ONION powder.

      Hain's has merged with several other companies in the past year, so I don't
      know if they changed the recipe, or if I was given the wrong information
      every time I contacted them in 2000 and 2001. Snowball drank quantities
      of this stuff with no problems, so I'm inclined to think they changed it.

      I'm sorry if I misled anyone by this information. We now have 3 cases of
      the broth which I will not use for my cats (and we are vegetarians so won't
      use it ourselves). Guess a local charity will get a lot of chicken broth.

      Linda

      Bill & Linda Fischbach (@home)
      King George, Virginia
      <fischbl@...>