Re: [FH] Sweet Stan Passed Away

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2013
      Oh, this is heart-breaking, I am so sorry. Unfortunately our kitties are
      very fragile and we never get to keep them as long as we want. But he was
      so blessed to have you to take care of him, especially during his illness.
      And he gave you all his love in return. This shows
      just how horrible HCM is, and how quickly it can turn. We do the best we
      can, but eventually it wins. But your little boy is healthy again now and
      waiting for you at the Bridge -- I know we will see our little ones again.

      When you feel up to it, please post a memorial to him on our site
      http://www.AngelKitties.com -- we'd love to see his photo and hear how you
      met. All kitties are welcome, no matter how long they've been in heaven.

      Sincerely, Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2013
        Dear Shelley, Tracy and JJ; I am so sorry for your loss...you will have Stan forever in your hearts though, and it sounds like his passing was precious in that you were able to hold him. It is so hard to let our beloved kitties go! especially when they have been sick and we have been tending them so closely...I know Stan felt blessed by your love...All the best, and big purrs and hugs to all of you...Judi and Angel Max
        PS: please post Stan's photo for us to see?

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2013
          I am so so sorry for your loss. It may sound odd to call you lucky in a time like this, but it is so amazing that you were able to hold Stan when he passed. The hardest part of living with sick pets is when to decide to step in and ease their suffering. My Maggie has had such a happy, healthy 12 years and now we're managing heart failure. I hope and pray that should anything happen to her, I'm lucky enough to hold her in my arms when she passes - it will break my heart 10 times over to have to make the decision for her.

          My condolences,
          Courtney

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "peepersabq" <peepersabq@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I only posted a few times in the fall of 2011, after Stan threw a clot that affected only one of his rear legs, thank goodness. Since then, he has enjoyed a pretty good life, and we were so lucky to have an additional 18 months with him. He had a rough few weeks in January, but leveled out to his old self during February. After our usual good mornings and pills and breakfast today, his heart just gave out. It was a very rough time for him, but thank buddha it didn't last awfully long, and I was so very glad I was home to hold him close.
          >
          > I want to thank this group for existing and helping so many people. Altho I didn't post much, I drew on the invaluable knowledge and experience of the members and moderators many, many times. If anyone lives in the Hamilton, Ontario area and needs Plavix, Lasix or Fortekor, please let me know. I also have an assortment of canned kitty food that Stan wasn't keen on but might suit someone else.
          >
          > It's so hard to imagine life without Stanley Manley, Mr Big, our best boy. He is survived by his beautiful sister, Shelley, and his humans, Tracy & JJ. Our hearts are broken now, but he be with us forever. We love you Stan!

        • catmomcolumbus
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2013
            Oh, Shelley, Tracy and JJ, my heart is breaking for all of you. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's wonderful that you were able to be with him as he passed, after nursing him for 18 additional months. What a blessing.

            Peace to all of you.

            --Stacy and Daphne

            --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "peepersabq" <peepersabq@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > I only posted a few times in the fall of 2011, after Stan threw a clot that affected only one of his rear legs, thank goodness. Since then, he has enjoyed a pretty good life, and we were so lucky to have an additional 18 months with him. He had a rough few weeks in January, but leveled out to his old self during February. After our usual good mornings and pills and breakfast today, his heart just gave out. It was a very rough time for him, but thank buddha it didn't last awfully long, and I was so very glad I was home to hold him close.
            >
            > I want to thank this group for existing and helping so many people. Altho I didn't post much, I drew on the invaluable knowledge and experience of the members and moderators many, many times. If anyone lives in the Hamilton, Ontario area and needs Plavix, Lasix or Fortekor, please let me know. I also have an assortment of canned kitty food that Stan wasn't keen on but might suit someone else.
            >
            > It's so hard to imagine life without Stanley Manley, Mr Big, our best boy. He is survived by his beautiful sister, Shelley, and his humans, Tracy & JJ. Our hearts are broken now, but he be with us forever. We love you Stan!

          • HMM
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
              Tears & love & hugs,

              Helen