Calcium in your Water

  • Bill & Linda Fischbach
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2002
      I wrote earlier that I was concerned about the calcium in our water -- and
      Mittens will not touch distilled water, bottled water, or filtered water!!!
      He just looks at me, then lays down next to his water dish to wait for the
      good stuff.

      I bought this bottle of test strips http://www.cuzn.com/watertests.html for
      a very reasonable price (shipping was high, but still worth it). Note that
      ppm is equal to mg of calcium per liter of water. You put the strip into
      water for 3 seconds, then compare the color to the colors on the bottle.

      It turned out that we have very soft water (less than 20ppm).

      Linda

      Bill & Linda Fischbach (@home)
      King George, Virginia
      <fischbl@...>