Re: [FH] Re: Taurine

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 25, 2013
      Sorry, I realized I should clarify... I didn't mean to confuse anyone with the 1/2 tsp measurement that I typed. I was just using that as a "for instance", not that one would give 1/2 tsp.

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 8
        Is 250 mg the recommended dosage for a 14 year old without the heart problems? We feed ground raw. Thanks Kim
        hi,

        The common dose for the taurine is 250mg per day for cats and small dogs. Larger dogs the dose was up to 500mg per day. I found that information from an article written by Dr. Jean Hovre, DVM, in one of my pet magazines.  I do the same thing, half morning/half evening.