Supplements that are safe

  • Mary M
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
      I have two cats, brother and sister, that were both diagnosed with deformed hearts. They are now eight. They have been doing pretty well on combos of Vetmedin, Florisimide and Enelapril. I also feed the unfortunate kitty crack FF and renal foods to them. When I can get to a better pet food store I buy some of the wet foods off Tanya's list and a couple of other lists for lower sodium/phos.
      Is there a one tab supplement I can give both of them that is good quality? Or is it better to give CoQ10 and Taurine and all the other stuffs bought separate. I have a handicapped dog and two other senior dogs and I want to make my life easier if at all possible.
      BOth kitties are way to big for size and I want to attempt to trim them down without stressing their hearts with too much exercise. Any tips appreciated.
      Mary, Smudge & Alice
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2013
        Hi Mary

        I have Milli with her deformed heart and she is on similar meds to yours.
        Cardiostrength is a supplement that covers taurine and carnitine nd CoQ, but
        it is a very large pill. I used to give it, until it had to be imported
        and became to expensive in the UK