Breathing and body movement

  • mary beth fitzpatrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22 11:08 AM
      Hello !

      Am wondering if anyone out there has any comments on a cat's body movement at breathing being different depending on which side he's lying on. I keep noticing that when lying on his right side, Lahri's body movement at breathing is smoother than when he's lying on his left side. There seems to be a little 'push' at exhale when on the left side.

      Back in January when I asked a vet examining Lahri about this, he made saw nothing of significance in it. There were so many other feline and other problems going on at the time that I don't think I asked you all.

      I do not know this is consistently the case. However, it does occur frequently. As things are settling down some now, I am planning on studying this more carefully, keeping notes. It'd be helpful to know anything you all can say about it in the meantime. (His breathing and heart rates are consistently healthy. The heart rates these days are running between 134-164.)

      Thanks ever so much !

      mb and lahri