Re: Echocardiogram Rates

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hi

      My echoes are around 195 plus VAT about £235. The consultation charge is
      about £60. Not sure how that translates into dollars.

      :) Lyn

    • Laurie Stead
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
        A re-check echo is $350 plus $115 cardio consult.  I am in CT.

        Laurie

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
          My Charlie just had his echocardiogram and consult with a cardiologist yesterday. It was about $250. I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Feb 22, 2013, at 1:58 PM, "mary beth fitzpatrick" <marybethfitzpatrick@...> wrote:

          > Hello !
          >
          > Finally getting Lahri closer to stability with his hyperthyroidism and looking at getting an echo from a *real* cardiologist, vs the vet-sonographer who assessed one in January. Lahri's old cardiologist is charging $450 just for the echo and I'd like to know how her rate compares with those of cardiologists you have experience with - to help me get some perspective. (Lahri's is the closest cardiologist from here and 4.5 hours away. There is no one else nearby to compare rates with.)
          >
          > Thanks very much.
          >
          > mb and lahri

        • Westgold
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
            Everything is more expensive in Canada. I paid $700 for Tigger's first echo & ekg, but that was with a cardiologist who came up to Toronto from NYC a couple days a month to see special cases. Now we have our own cardiologist, and I think it was $550 to see her, but that was 5 years ago. I know it's not cheap -- but cardiologists have such special training, nobody else can do what they do. Echo is still the ONLY way to ascertain the heart's exact status. And you must have that to know which exact meds they need.