Re: [FH] New To Group with a Sweet DCM Boy...

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
      Hi

      I agree with the others, it's a matter of controlling the fluid with
      diuretics. He may need a greater dose or a more frequent dose. If his breathing
      is creeping up he needs more diuretic. The vet can also add a second
      diuretic if needed called spironolactone.

      I would advise vetmedin too. It's been a wonder for my cats.

      I`m sure you know but DCM can be caused by taurine deficiency. If he is on
      a normal complete catfood this shouldn't be an issue but I would consider
      adding Cardiostrength (taurine, carnitine and CoQ) which is a supplement
      suitable for cats.

      Lyn:)

    • Laurie Stead
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
        Good point, Lyn.  There is a Taurine blood test that should be done to rule the deficiency out.

        Laurie