Aspirin - Nattokinase

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2013
      I have been giving my cat, Harley, 5mg. aspirin every 72 hours but I have just read that long term use of aspirin is not good for cats. I would like to give him nattokinase instead but don't know where to get it and also how much to give. Harley is hard to give medications to. How is nattokinase given?

      Harley has the beginning stages of HCM and the cardiologist didn't prescribe any medications for him at this time but I suggested the aspirin because one time he lost control of his back legs for about 5 minutes. By the time I got him to the vet he was all right. I don't know if the problem was caused by HCM or pancreatitis. I do think nattokinase would be safer for him.

      Jean
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
        Hi Jean

        If you want to swap I would talk to the cardiologist, he may suggest plavix
        which seems a safer long term drug. But if you want nattokinase, I
        recommend Doctor's Best from Ebay or a health store. I give one pill a day, its a
        small capsule. You must make sure the brand you have has vitamin K removed
        like Doctors Best does.