two questions

  • r
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2013
      Hi everyone,

      I tried to find this searching the archives but couldn't find a direct path. Where and what type of stethoscope should I get to listen to May's heart?

      Also, has anyone here had any heart issues with using ondansetron for nausea? Tanya's crf site says this:
      Ondansetron Interactions and Side Effects

      ...include constipation, low blood pressure and sleepiness. Humans have reported bad headaches.

      Ondansetron may also cause heart arrhythmias. In September 2011 The US Food & Drug Administration reported that "Ondansetron may increase the risk of developing abnormal changes in the electrical activity of the heart, which can result in a potentially fatal abnormal heart rhythm." -------------------------------------------

      It's looking less and less like we're getting an echo scheduled for today and I'm scared for what might happen tonight with May. One fainting spell Monday night, 7 last night, so what is in store for tonight? E.R. said get an echo, continue with all meds. But said I could stop ondansetron if I wanted, so I have. That is the only change tonight, so I'm hoping, desperately hoping she won't have any episodes tonight, and worse yet, that the trend continues. 'potentially fatal' really scares me.

      Thank you if anyone has info to share.

      -Lee and Miss May
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2013
        Hi

        I got a stethoscope from Ebay, a starter medical student one. It wasn't
        expensive. It's useful to listening to breathing and the chest.

        I`ve never used ondansetron.

        Lyn:)