Re: [FH] May - fainting spells

  • Dana McCormick
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
      Hi Lee,

      Fuzz did this when he was hospitalized upon his HCM diagnosis. The Dr told me the techs saw him faint twice, but both times before the Dr was able to get there, he was out of it. I haven't seen him do it at home since he was put on meds.

      Dana & Fuzz

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
        Hi Lee

        Is it possible she is having mini strokes? When Arnie had his the only sign
        was slow head movements and wide pupils. I have had no issues with
        atenolol in 4 cats at all. I`d be concerned if it were strokes and consider
        something for blood clots like plavix or nattokinase. Unfortunatley some are
        caused by little brain bleeds so nattokinase wouldn't be good for that as it
        dissolves clots.

        I`d definitely call the cardiologist for advice.