RE: [FH] Pimobendan

  • Pablo Frank
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 19, 2013
      never had any problem with pimobendan, and my cat 3.5 years old takes it since being 3 months old. She has VSD, tricospide and pulmonary artery hypertension.

      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      From: epsteindaniela@...
      Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:53:36 +0000
      Subject: [FH] Pimobendan

      Hi everybody!

      I am new to this group.

      My cat Kaiser, 16 and 5 month has been diagnosed with CRD about two years ago.

      I gave him subQ fluids which helped a lot but lately he got mild cardiomyopathie and mild pericardial effusion, due to the treatment with Luis, I guess.

      The cardiologist prescribed pimobendan, at about 0.17/kg 2x daily

      I was very reluctant to give it to him because of possible side effects and sudden death I had read about, but after one month of trying homeopathic medications I decided to give him pimobendan .

      He's heart works better, but he is sleeping ALL day!

      He eats, purrs, and sleeps.

      Has anybody experienced similar behavior?

      Does it get better with the time?

      I don't know if to continue or stop the medication..

      Thanks for your help,

      Daniela & Kaiser